Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rollover IRA at Fidelity

I rolled over my IRA from a previous employer's 401(k). Fidelity (http://www.fidelity.com/) made it really easy. I just went in and opened up an IRA account with them.

They suggested I put my money in a 2050 target fund. But I did some checking around, and I decided to put the money into two different funds:

30% FSIIX SPARTAN INTL INDEX INVESTOR CLASS
70% FSTMX SPRTN TOTAL MKT INDX INVESTOR CLASS

The International fund gives me exposure to growing economies overseas, and provides some cushion against the falling dollar.

The Total Market Index fund provides diversification.

Both funds have relatively low expense ratios, and if you have more money to invest, you can upgrade to the Advantage Class funds instead of the Investor Class (which have even lower expense ratios).

No comments: